Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 91732 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2018, 01:53:33 PM »
Dream, September 20, 2018.

I came into contact with a philosophizing electrician last night.  It all started when I decided to have my electrical system updated because I was going to throw a grand party and I wanted an adequate power supply.  I started by installing a piece of sheet metal over the existing power bank.  I didn't know what I was doing, and a few minutes later, I noticed that the piece of metal had been removed by Steve, the electrician that I had hired to do the electrical work.  Steve was of average height, and wore a pair of glasses.  He looked ever so slightly like that guy who always wants disclosure.  That Steven Greer guy, but Steve the electrician was far better looking.  Anyway, Steve showed me the sheet of metal and tossed it out the window.  "Electrons won't live in a place like that." he said. 

"Well tell me, Steve," I said.  "Have you had a chance to look things over?  Can you do the job?"  "It's possible, but not probable.  I can start this job but just like a divorce, the outcome won't be good."  "Huh?" I said.

The party started anyway and people were wandering about, eating and drinking.  I walked through my living room and was telling some friends about this odd electrician that I had hired and how he said things that didn't seem to make much sense.  We were all laughing about it when low and behold, there was Steve, sitting in the middle of my crowded couch, sipping on a beer.  "Sounds like a guy I'd like to know."  he said with a grin.

I was totally taken aback and after I took my foot out of my mouth, I stepped outside for some fresh air.  Several partygoers were standing out there and all at once we heard a strange noise.  We looked over at a big telephone pole insulator that had been connected to my house.  A bunch of smoke leaked out of the top of it, and I had someone go get Steve.  He took one look at it and told me to get a coil of a certain type of wire and that all the electrical supply stores would have it.  So I walked down to my car.  I was walking on the sidewalk and stumbled over some quarters that had been stacked in a seemingly impossible manner.  They were like a sculpture.  The quarters were laying flat, sideways and a couple of them seemed to be floating.  As my foot hit them, some of the quarters fell to the sidewalk.  I lifted the ruined quarter sculture up and knew that Steve had assembled it.  "Sorry, man." I called up to him.  "I accidentally walked on your quarter statue."  Steve looked down at me from my front porch and said, "That's all right. Quarters were made to be stepped on."

I drove down the road and noticed that I didn't have any brakes.  I kept pumping the brake pedal but the car wouldn't stop.  Finally, it slowed down and came to a stop.  A tow truck pulled up and a guy got out of it and opened the hood of my car.  He put some type of wierd hoist mechanism over my engine and lifted it up so that he could get a good look at it.

"Tsk,tsk," he said while shaking his head.  "There's no fixing this now.  I'm afraid you're going to be stuck here for the night."

Just as I was trying to figure out what to do next, I woke up.  I was very relieved to find out that it was all just a dream.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2018, 12:45:18 PM »
Dream, September 21, 2018.

I was in a big, underground bunker with some other people.  We were there for some national defense reason, though what, I don't know.  We got a message that an attack would be made on us, and right at that time, I got a mega case of claustrophobia.  I got out of the place but some soldier types caught me and took me back.  They said that the attack alert was a false alarm.

I went down to the lunchroom and was surprised to see an old high school hottie that I once dated.  She looked pretty much the same and we had fun reminiscing about the past.  We started kissing, too.  Nice, long, lingering ones.  We sat down and ate with all the other couples there.  After lunch, the other couples started to fight.  A man in a white lab coat came in and noted some things on his clipboard.  He looked at me and my ex-girlfriend and noticed that we weren't fighting.  He approached us and said that the food had been impregnated with an experimental drug that caused husbands, wives, and lovers to fight with each other.  The lab guy wrote something down and said that we must truly be in love to have overcome the effect of that drug.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »
the merhod is just a  breathing exercise combined with concentration on the solar plexus.  It’s pretty reliable for OBE-style lucid dreaming. The dream world fills in as you go. It builds from all kinds of information you picked up subconsciously and didn't even know you had. The result is it has an uncanny overlap with the waking world. It's a good way to access collective unconscious archetypes too.
I'm not sure I tried the same technique but I specifically tried to "get back into" a dream I was having in a shitty motel room due to a bumped flight and cheap airlines. It was a funny dream because it involved a hotel. But in the dream the hotel was called "Hotel Mongolia"  after a long delay and then cancellation (though, cleverly, the airlines call it a "delay"- to next morning- to avoid messing up their matrix and having to possibly issue a free flight.) But they sent me to some shithole but, whatever, been in worse and tired. But the A/C was loud, the walls were thin, and you could hear everything. Hard to sleep. Plus when I have to wake up I have an internal clock so that I wake up before alarm but, often, not deep a sleep. Anyway for what it is worth.....

So, somehow, this external stimuli imprinted on my dream. That involved a hotel called "Hotel Mongolia" but had nothing to do with Mongolia, Yaks, etc. At one point we, during some kind of missing person investigation, found a bunch of water soaked letters that a mailman who was apparently living there (they place had become one of those long-term rental hotels for deadbeats, druggies, etc.) A fellow investigator commented "a shame this used to be a grand hotel and many famous people stayed here." I asked "did Carnies stay here" because there was a room, partially flooded, that had weird dolls, games, costumes, and sets, and he said "no, they all live in Earth." Now, in this dream, the "Hotel Mongolia" was apparently in Knoxville and "Earth" was some small town outside of Knoxville where Carnies and those types all lived off season from fairs. Anyway, at one point I woke up, took a leak and checked my clock (so as to get shuttle or uber to make morning flight) but saw I "had time" to sleep more and so went back into the dream by focusing on the droning A/C and leaking sink. It worked, sorta, but never fully into it and the "investigation" never was finished really. I do recall interviewing residents and them all complaining about leaking pipes and the owner of the hotel proclaimed "nothing gets wet and they get what they pay for." There was some zoning issue also (or grandfathered in) and we couldn't bust him for leaks, we needed evidence of the crime (maybe murder even.) I'm not sure we ever found the missing person but at one time, as I mentioned, we found these letters to the missing brother of the lady soaked and couldn't identify who sent them but that he was, at some point, a "resident" of the hotel.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2018, 12:35:08 PM »
Dream, September 22, 2018.

I hired a guy to put on a rock concert in some fields outside of Monroe, Or.  He seemed like a nice fellow but as it turned out, he was demonic.  Hundreds of kids showed up with tents and sleeping bags and he drove up in a big black hearse.  He opened the back of the hearse and pulled out a casket.  When a sizable crowd had gathered around, the guy pried open the casket lid and everyone was shocked to see the remains of President Nixon.  The crowd became possessed and they carried the open casket up and down the main street of Monroe.  They were chanting and filling the air with cheers.

Night came and a French lady sang some songs that seemed to bewitch the crowd even further.  Lots of concert goers were pairing up in their sleeping bags, myself included.  I was excited to be matched up with a beautiful blond haired gal but right when we were about to get down to it, a bright light from above shone down on us.  It seemed to be coming from Heaven, so I took it as a sign not to proceed any further with the girl. 

The next night a heavy metal band played.  They were pretty good but, in keeping with the theme, they specialized in demon rock and they had the crowd nodding their heads up and down and pumping their fists.  Then the French lady came on stage with a nice back up band and they played some nice rock songs that everyone enjoyed. 

The show was pretty much over when a religious man in a suit climbed onto the stage and attempted to exorcise the demons from everybody but by that time, most everyone had left.  I walked up to the Monroe cemetery to enjoy a little late night peace and quiet.  I remember looking at my great aunt and uncle's graves in the dim light.   

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2018, 05:08:22 PM »
I've been to Monroe.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2018, 04:24:59 AM »
I've been to Monroe.

Wow, that is nice to know, Fast.  My grandfather's pool hall used to sit where the present day Long Branch tavern is.  Here is a 25 cent token that he used to hand out to the customers:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2018, 09:01:29 AM »
Wow, that is nice to know, Fast.  My grandfather's pool hall used to sit where the present day Long Branch tavern is.  Here is a 25 cent token that he used to hand out to the customers:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Cool.  I was too little to know the pool hall, but my father probably would have known it.

He worked at the saw mill. I was too little to know the name of it, but he took me there sometimes. It had a pond, and you could Walk out on the floating logs where it went into the bays.  There was lots of steam, was on a river, and hills in back. Used to take me to football games at the high scool.  We ended up moving to Corvallis.

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2018, 09:26:55 AM »
I've been to Monroe.

Can you share your experiences?

I've read Bob's books and have the original Gateway Experience audio course.

Never got liftoff, but I did get some real deep meditations in Focus 9 or whatever number it was...

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »
Cool.  I was too little to know the pool hall, but my father probably would have known it.

He worked at the saw mill. I was too little to know the name of it, but he took me there sometimes. It had a pond, and you could Walk out on the floating logs where it went into the bays.  There was lots of steam, was on a river, and hills in back. Used to take me to football games at the high scool.  We ended up moving to Corvallis.

Fascinating.  That sawmill might still be the last operating mill that is run by steam.  Oddly enough I never did see it because as you pointed out, it was set back in the hills.  Currently Monroe is noted for having the nation's largest Christmas tree farms.  I sure would like to get back there some day.  The last time I was there was for my grandmothers funeral, back in 1977.  Her funeral was actually in nearby Harrisburg but after the ceremony my brothers, a cousin and I drove over to Monroe and took a look around.   

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2018, 12:32:28 PM »
Dream, September 23, 2018.

I was out on the town with my fiancé and we ran into a good friend of hers.  The lady was pretty good looking.  I remember that she had long red hair.  The three of us went to my home and we started drinking.  We all got drunk and when the ladies decided to leave, we all hugged each other at the same time and, lucky me, I gained a small amount of lucidity and I had the three of us get turned on sexually.  The next thing we knew, we were in bed together but wouldn't you know, it would be right at that moment that I would wake up!

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »
Can you share your experiences?

I've read Bob's books and have the original Gateway Experience audio course.

Never got liftoff, but I did get some real deep meditations in Focus 9 or whatever number it was...
Bob Monroe's Institute outside of Charlottes ville,  Virginie and Monroe, Oregon -- I think I see a synchronicity. I had my first OBE as a child in Monroe, Oregon.

I read some of Robert Monroe's books when I was a kid. In the books, he was doing OBEs before he started working on the binaural beats or Hemi-Sync technology.

Here and there in the books, he describes his original OBE technique. All he did was sit down and get Deeply relaxed. What I understand is the key is to focus on the vibrations that correspond roughly to the locations of the chakras of Eastern and New Age esoteric literature. I think it took me a couple of months of trying for a fifteen minutes every day for it to start.

The good thing is you don’t have to believe in it. Chakras may be a physical illusion, and the OBE a form of lucid dreaming-a special form. Anyone seems to be able to do it, although any tobacco and alcohol in the system seem to make it nearly impossible. 

So, he goes with the relaxation, concentration just enough to stay mentally awake, and eventually his body goes to sleep but his mind stays wide awake. I went with this idea and was able to get it to work. But it only works if your body can relax enough, is tired enough, to sleep. If your mind goes to sleep, either it won’t happen or if it does you wont be remember it

Before that, it was rare. I've never tried the binaural beats audios . I understand they work really well for getting some people started.  Others, not so much. In that case, a different method is needed.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »
Bob Monroe's Institute outside of Charlottes ville,  Virginie and Monroe, Oregon -- I think I see a synchronicity. I had my first OBE as a child in Monroe, Oregon.

I read some of Robert Monroe's books when I was a kid. In the books, he was doing OBEs before he started working on the binaural beats or Hemi-Sync technology.

Here and there in the books, he describes his original OBE technique. All he did was sit down and get Deeply relaxed. What I understand is the key is to focus on the vibrations that correspond roughly to the locations of the chakras of Eastern and New Age esoteric literature.

So, he goes with the relaxation, concentration just enough to stay mentally awake, and eventually his body goes to sleep but his mind stays wide awake. I went with this idea and was able to get it to work. But it only works if your body can relax enough, is tired enough, to sleep. If your mind goes to sleep, either it won’t happen or if it does you wont be remember it

Before that, it was rare. I've never tried the binaural beats audios . I understand they work really well for getting some people started.  Others, not so much.

I have never used the OBE or lucid dreaming tracks but if you have an iphone or ipad check out Brainwave by Bonzai Labs in the apple app store. It is the best binaural beat app I have found. I use it to fall asleep and to keep attentive. They have several bundles but if you buy them all it is only about $10.
Are we having fun yet?

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2018, 04:27:42 PM »
"Thanks. I might try it tomorrow.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Johnny Arthur
« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2018, 04:44:39 PM »
"Thanks. I might try it tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, Fast.  Did you by chance play down by the Long Tom, that river that flows right along Monroe?  The reason I ask is because I was down there once and came into contact with some type of demonic force, nothing you could see but the power and evil of that thing was easily perceived.  And I wasn't the only one to notice it.  The novelist, Richard Brautigan (Trout Fishing in America) came across it when he was preparing to fish down by the river.  He felt the vibes coming from some tall weeds and took off running back to his car, fishing waders still on and all.  He wrote about his experience in one of his books but I can't remember which one.  I think he described it as being 'indescribably evil.'   

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2018, 05:27:41 PM »
Oh, by the way, Fast.  Did you by chance play down by the Long Tom, that river that flows right along Monroe?  The reason I ask is because I was down there once and came into contact with some type of demonic force, nothing you could see but the power and evil of that thing was easily perceived.  And I wasn't the only one to notice it.  The novelist, Richard Brautigan (Trout Fishing in America) came across it when he was preparing to fish down by the river.  He felt the vibes coming from some tall weeds and took off running back to his car, fishing waders still on and all.  He wrote about his experience in one of his books but I can't remember which one.  I think he described it as being 'indescribably evil.'
I don’t remember anything by the river. I didnt get to go there on my own. We lived maybe 10 minutes away by car out in the sticks.

What else do you remember about it ?

I'm going to look up the Brautigan book and see if it's similar to what I used to see. Ive only read a couple of his poems.

I never heard of anybody else seeing or feeling this presence,  but I used to sense something. It was the most evil thing I've ever felt.

It would happen late at night. I used to wake up and have to go to the toilet.  I had to Walk across a dark room to get there. Light switch was next to the bathroom.

There were a number of encounters. One time , i was half way to the bathroom and felt a presence. It felt the embodiment of terror behind me.  I turned, and in the room by the window in the light of the full moon was the blackest man I had ever seen. He was not negro--He absorbed the moonlight, like Ultra Black.  He was like a silhouette, and I couldn’t see his eyes, but I could feel him looking at me, just standing next to the window.

I wanted to run but couldn't move. After a moment, he spoke, not out loud, but in my head. "Take my hand." Then, I noticed a horrible burning smell , which I later realised was burnt hair and scorched flesh. It was so strong I could taste it.

It's too scary to keep thinking about it. Im afraid writing about it will attract it.  You get the idea. It was evil. I would see it while awake and OBE, but it would come into the house.