Author Topic: Random pictures of my great work. You're welcome.  (Read 41234 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: Random pictures of my great work. You're welcome.
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2018, 01:25:40 PM »
With an angled wall those cuts are very easy. You just start each new row of planks from that wall placing another plank against the wall lengthways and draw your line on each beginning board.
Oh, uh, yeah.  I'm...sure I'd've figured that out.  Yeah.   ;D

Somehow I killed at least the charge on my car battery over the past 2 days.  Maybe it was the dome light left on.  So foresight isn't my strength.
I've done a large main floor area that was literally shaped like a Z
Why do structures get built like that?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2018, 05:00:10 PM »
Oh, uh, yeah.  I'm...sure I'd've figured that out.  Yeah.   ;D

Somehow I killed at least the charge on my car battery over the past 2 days.  Maybe it was the dome light left on.  So foresight isn't my strength.Why do structures get built like that?
lol   I don't know why. Sometimes very wealthy people design their own homes before having them built and things get a little odd. Glad I'm not a roofer ;D

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2018, 05:04:34 PM »
lol   I don't know why. Sometimes very wealthy people design their own homes before having them built and things get a little odd. Glad I'm not a roofer ;D

Those dudes are tough! I seen then having lunch up top on the roof. And in summer in Texas roofing sucks. And the way they innovate?  Like using extension cord on highly pitched roofs like a rope! I wouldn't do.  And that weird deal of using old foam from chairs to avoid slippage. Actually I have to hand it to some of our illegals. The mixing cement on a board. And other such stuff.  Interestingly it is not the young bucks one wants to hire but the older ones who have skills, knowledge, and hard working. Not that I support this kind of thing....

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »
Those dudes are tough! I seen then having lunch up top on the roof. And in summer in Texas roofing sucks. And the way they innovate?  Like using extension cord on highly pitched roofs like a rope! I wouldn't do.  And that weird deal of using old foam from chairs to avoid slippage. Actually I have to hand it to some of our illegals. The mixing cement on a board. And other such stuff.  Interestingly it is not the young bucks one wants to hire but the older ones who have skills, knowledge, and hard working. Not that I support this kind of thing....
I'm not good with heights. Or should I say, I'm not good with landing from way the fuck up there-> /\ But beyond that it's that damned summer HEAT! I see guys up there in plus 35 C. orrr 95 f. and higher in the summer months up here and they're up there for hours on end. Even for their lunch breaks, you'd think they'd come down and find some shade or some kind of relief from the hell that is their workspace.  Roofers are a different breed and most of these guys are making less than $20. hourly!! WTF? I say go out on your own and make the Benjamins. Or in my case raking in the.. sailboats, beavers, schooners and antlers. lol  just kidding, we have old men on our money too. Oh, and some old lady with a funny hat on some of it. Weird

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2018, 10:06:41 AM »
What's the point of an S curve in a driveway like this?

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4576212,-74.3690771,77m/data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4576724,-74.3689237,3a,75y,270h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssB7fdKb-WxRm-sdorRqApg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Oh.  After puzzling over it last night & posting just now, I finally got it: to avoid the sewer.

Reminds me of that Dick van Dyke episode: "...and here is your rock,...."

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2018, 07:32:48 AM »
Is that your house and are you maintaining that lawn? I hope so. I reeaally hope so
Why?

I've never even been by there on the ground.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2018, 01:39:57 PM »
Why?

Beep:Beep:Beep::  Let's back it up a bit there Chief,  there's no reason for hostility here..  I have feeling too ya know. ;D  Maybe I just like nice yards and lawns.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2018, 03:00:00 PM »
@ksm Have you ever done any work with garage floors?  If I can convince Mrs. Walks_At_Night I'd like to do something with mine.

Lots of options - cement floor paint with a clear top coat, epoxy, tiles that interlock, self stick tiles.  My main concern is to spend a bunch of time and money and then have it lift up from hot car tires and look like ass.   Any thoughts?

Something like this would look bitchin' and would be alot easier to keep clean.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2018, 10:44:59 PM »
@ksm Have you ever done any work with garage floors?  If I can convince Mrs. Walks_At_Night I'd like to do something with mine.

Lots of options - cement floor paint with a clear top coat, epoxy, tiles that interlock, self stick tiles.  My main concern is to spend a bunch of time and money and then have it lift up from hot car tires and look like ass.   Any thoughts?

Something like this would look bitchin' and would be alot easier to keep clean.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

@Walks_At_Night Yeah, that's a good look! That looks like a glue down (one piece possibly two with a seam) industrial product not unlike you see in some big box stores like HD, Walmart etc..

If you get that floor going on, please tell me you have plans to buy some of those large chess pieces ;D A couple o' beers and giant chess! Everybody wins! Pool or poker table? Floors like that just scream, "DO SOMETHING FUN ON ME"

Somebody has to start a man-cave, workshop,..  etc thread

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2019, 01:43:15 AM »
Beep:Beep:Beep::  Let's back it up a bit there Chief,  there's no reason for hostility here..  I have feeling too ya know. ;D  Maybe I just like nice yards and lawns.

@Robert is good people...I'd post that pic of the dumpster or the flowers choked with weeds for you to enjoy again but I deleted them.

Robert if you get notified that I mentioned you let me know. I'm still trying to figure this whole @ thing out

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2019, 02:44:59 AM »
@Robert is good people...I'd post that pic of the dumpster or the flowers choked with weeds for you to enjoy again but I deleted them.

Robert if you get notified that I mentioned you let me know. I'm still trying to figure this whole @ thing out
For the record @sumethinz new you tagged @Robert correctly.

I was politely asked to leave the new years party and now your trying to drive my beautifully goofy flooring thread into a love fest for @Robert. ??

I think we should include and invite others like @Bart Ell and @BartEllProducer and @BartIsGod and @albrecht and @Spookcat and @ShayP and @Sofia and jojo and 14 and Monica and JoJo with capital J's. Oh good lordy pordy there are so many.

Oh, and who could forget @paladin1991 and @DynamoHum and...…….

OOOoo boy, a  ham sandwich sounds pretty good about now.

ahh fuckit' I'm tired.  Happy New year @sumethinz new  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :)

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2019, 03:35:45 AM »
For the record @sumethinz new you tagged @Robert correctly.

I was politely asked to leave the new years party and now your trying to drive my beautifully goofy flooring thread into a love fest for @Robert. ??

I think we should include and invite others like @Bart Ell and @BartEllProducer and @BartIsGod and @albrecht and @Spookcat and @ShayP and @Sofia and jojo and 14 and Monica and JoJo with capital J's. Oh good lordy pordy there are so many.

Oh, and who could forget @paladin1991 and @DynamoHum and...…….

OOOoo boy, a  ham sandwich sounds pretty good about now.

ahh fuckit' I'm tired.  Happy New year @sumethinz new  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :)

I like the way you think

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2019, 07:22:04 AM »
Might as well put it in this thread so everyone can see it's working.  Yes, I got that notif'n as well as another saying ksm mentioned me.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2019, 07:44:39 PM »
First job of the new year. I'll always say that hardwood and engineered hardwood floors look better than most laminate floors. This laminate is a reasonably cheap product and it's not the most attractive print IMO.. but with this paint and the baseboards that I installed today, these laminate floors look pretty good. Why these people built this beautiful new rather large home and then decided on, laminate flooring? They do have two large dogs and laminate is much more scratch resistant so maybe that's why.

Anyways I guess with the right paint, trim, and natural light through large windows almost any floor can look really nice.