Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12598961 times)

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #54975 on: November 24, 2018, 09:41:11 AM »
Good Afternoon. The tech from the company that provides my Internet services just left. He had to replace my Internet modem. He asked me where have I been on the Internet? He never saw so much  "sheeeeeeeee-it" in a modem. I quickly denied my innocence. I only ate a normal adult size meal on Thanksgiving. I provided him with a list of names from EllGab who are clogging up the subject of The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade. After some thought, he advised me that it could be the fault of the members or the fault lies with HW's "sheeeeeeeee-it" show. He made notes and left.
I plan to go back and read up on all the comments I missed over the last 24 hours. I am fully aware of the huge risk involved.

You best wear gloves.

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
  • Founding member: Bart's Bitchen Babes
« Reply #54976 on: November 24, 2018, 09:41:30 AM »
The line from Bart about Art not being able to make it if he had started in 2018  has really hit home in my mind. Even as he was doing MITD he was fading away. Most forget this. The digital "information" age was the actual demise of his fame. No more "magic in the static" No more suspension of disbelief except for those guests that are very unbelievable to begin with. The real data is seconds away as are biographies, supporting facts, etc.

In parallel, Art was almost like the rock band that had a string of albums that were in the top 10 at one point and filling stadiums now barely able to get a new single that does better than #114 on the charts. The venues filed became 1000 to 1500. And they mostly play the old hits again and again with variations. Heather was the new lead singer most didn't like that brought the popularity of the old machine back down to the level of playing bars and county fairs with the remaining bit of the potential cash cow being vulturized and milked by people with white belts and flashy fake jewelry and a dwindling number of aging groupies. "I saw (the band) in 1983 at the Big City arena and you sound as good as you did then" is their call. Baloney!

Well said and supported, thanks, again @Dyna-X
Praise BE

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #54977 on: November 24, 2018, 09:45:36 AM »
I am sending you to the nursery for your own good.

Praise Bart Ell
A summer queen is not born, she is made through adversity and strength - Elizabeth Chadwick

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54978 on: November 24, 2018, 09:48:50 AM »
Good Afternoon. The tech from the company that provides my Internet services just left. He had to replace my Internet modem. He asked me where have I been on the Internet? He never saw so much  "sheeeeeeeee-it" in a modem. I quickly denied my innocence. I only ate a normal adult size meal on Thanksgiving. I provided him with a list of names from EllGab who are clogging up the subject of The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade. After some thought, he advised me that it could be the fault of the members or the fault lies with HW's "sheeeeeeeee-it" show. He made notes and left.
I plan to go back and read up on all the comments I missed over the last 24 hours. I am fully aware of the huge risk involved.

And time. Call out if you require food and drink
A summer queen is not born, she is made through adversity and strength - Elizabeth Chadwick

BartIsGod

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #54979 on: November 24, 2018, 09:50:12 AM »
Cookies are biscuits yes.
Crackers are what you would have with cheese here
Your biscuits are our scones
Your fries are our chips
Crisps for us are chips for you :)

Once you scratch the surface it’s very much a different language :)
"Two Countries seperated by a common language". (G.B. Shaw)
Indeed.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54980 on: November 24, 2018, 09:50:17 AM »
The line from Bart about Art not being able to make it if he had started in 2018  has really hit home in my mind.

My great truths will be studied for centuries.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #54981 on: November 24, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »
My great truths will be studied for centuries.

Will there be guide stones?
Are we having fun yet?

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #54982 on: November 24, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »
This is so funny. I can so see the gang here doing this. I can see Sean throwing the first pie lol.

Better not be throwing the pies, I want those*!

*except the cream and gooseberry ones. Y'all can throw those.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #54983 on: November 24, 2018, 09:55:22 AM »
Art never evolved fully for his comebacks on Sirius and MITD, he never gave it enough time and was overly consumed with bitter hatred for the cellphone.

Bart is right, but listening to his back cat and understanding that it is “for it’s time” still puts it head and shoulders above the competition for the most part today.

>^~.~^<
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

K_Dubb

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #54984 on: November 24, 2018, 09:55:53 AM »
"Two Countries seperated by a common language". (G.B. Shaw)
Indeed.

I would point out that the etymology of the word "biscuit" suggests something that is twice-baked, so neither the English nor the American version are truly biscuits.  The only true biscuits people are familiar with these days are biscotti; you can trust that the Italians know what they're talking about.

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
« Reply #54985 on: November 24, 2018, 09:59:15 AM »
Art never evolved fully for his comebacks on Sirius and MITD, he never gave it enough time and was overly consumed with bitter hatred for the cellphone.

Bart is right, but listening to his back cat and understanding that it is “for it’s time” still puts it head and shoulders above the competition for the most part today.

I agree with you and sadly with Bart as well. Art was a good interviewer and even today, when you know it's shady, he's still interesting to listen to.
Praise BE

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54986 on: November 24, 2018, 10:00:17 AM »

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
« Reply #54987 on: November 24, 2018, 10:02:25 AM »
The Sirius stint felt awfully hollow. Dark Matter is the one era in which I can't go back and listen to those shows ... MITD too, come to think of it.
His quitting Sirius seemed very contrived and for MitD I thought he quit his first night he co-hosted with redacted. I got the feeling he was simply passing the show to her and we were used. I wonder what Keith thought about that night.
Praise BE

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
« Reply #54988 on: November 24, 2018, 10:04:04 AM »
Sounds great. What should I bring?

Extra underwear :)
Praise BE

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #54989 on: November 24, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »
The only true biscuits people are familiar with these days are biscotti; you can trust that the Italians know what they're talking about.

I've never had one.