Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12598825 times)

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #54930 on: November 24, 2018, 07:26:34 AM »
It took me awhile to be able to listen to the EVP's from G.I.S. without getting completely creeped out. I always had to turn them off and turn the lights back on to settle down again. Then they became my favorites. Nobody else ever came close to having EVP's like Barbara and Brendan

And yet they never frightened me a lick. Isn't it odd how we all react to things in our own ways!
not well-liked, but right

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
  • Founding member: Bart's Bitchen Babes
« Reply #54931 on: November 24, 2018, 07:27:51 AM »
The Viet Cong could detect American troops by their "meat-eating" smell, it was said.  Maybe there is something to it.

I have a friend who did two tours as a platoon leader there. I asked him about that one time and he said he made sure he and his men ate nothing but what the natives ate. So you're right.
Praise BE

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #54932 on: November 24, 2018, 07:28:38 AM »
Art never evolved fully for his comebacks on Sirius and MITD, he never gave it enough time and was overly consumed with bitter hatred for the cellphone.

Bart is right, but listening to his back cat and understanding that it is “for it’s time” still puts it head and shoulders above the competition for the most part today.

Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #54933 on: November 24, 2018, 07:30:54 AM »
Art never evolved fully for his comebacks on Sirius and MITD, he never gave it enough time and was overly consumed with bitter hatred for the cellphone.

Bart is right, but listening to his back cat and understanding that it is “for it’s time” still puts it head and shoulders above the competition for the most part today.

The Sirius stint felt awfully hollow. Dark Matter is the one era in which I can't go back and listen to those shows ... MITD too, come to think of it.
not well-liked, but right

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54934 on: November 24, 2018, 07:31:07 AM »
Its worse than the market being saturated. The infrastructure and conditions to make a new talk radio star on the backbone of a terrestrial radio network isn't there like it was in 1993. Its now the age of multimedia and social media madness and 15 minutes of fame.

That was what Bart was getting at, talent is only part of the equation. If there were an equivalent of Art that had a notion to take on paranormal talk in 2018 he would struggle just to get Jimmy Church numbers. If he had the right people around him he would get Dave Schrader big. The field is too fractured, fragmented and diluted to create any superstars. The time for this type of star is in a time capsule along with arena rock.*

Coast is a dinosaur propped up by a terrestrial radio conglomerate that continues under momentum alone. If it were to collapse tomorrow, nothing would replace it. The net result is the hundreds of smaller shows would get a temporary 1 or 2 % boost to their numbers and 40,000 shut-ins would run to Premiere with petitions from change.org with no result. Of course, they would call it a "conspiracy."

Something is up when some of these shows get 100 times the views on youtube after the fact than they ever had listeners to the original stream or live radio show.

What could have Art change to? Political talk? That market is saturated as well. Science talk? NPR snooze-fest?

*From the rock analogy in the last post it would be like comparing the cultural influence of Greta Van Fleet to the original Led Zeppelin. At best Greta fills a niche in the market and in the long run they will do pretty well, but they will not bring the 1970s back  ;D

Very good points. Where do you see radio and podcasting in the future? If there is no way to be successful, is it all going away?

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #54935 on: November 24, 2018, 07:33:59 AM »
One of garret heater's sock accounts giving Heather an early morning pep talk. Wonder if he is worried that she may not come back from Thanksgiving break.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

;D Wrong in orders of magnitude by about 1000. Like the people that were saying CNN had 22,000 viewers  ;D Stupid people.

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #54936 on: November 24, 2018, 07:36:27 AM »
Have a good day all. I’m off to get some things done before noon. See you all tonight. Be safe out there !

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #54937 on: November 24, 2018, 07:56:02 AM »
Oh. So it is. Was havin' a moment there. I'll be okay. Thanx...

Okay @Doomed . But just so neither one of us walks away unsatisfied, how about a nice bitch slap?

Or, in honor of the Golden Age of the Gabcast a *slap with a fishbot*

There. I feel better. How about you?

A summer queen is not born, she is made through adversity and strength - Elizabeth Chadwick

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54938 on: November 24, 2018, 08:00:43 AM »

Absolutely. And Art now has the burnish of Legendary for a reason
A summer queen is not born, she is made through adversity and strength - Elizabeth Chadwick

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54939 on: November 24, 2018, 08:03:24 AM »
The Sirius stint felt awfully hollow. Dark Matter is the one era in which I can't go back and listen to those shows ... MITD too, come to think of it.

Yep. I listen a lot of late nights but only to the oldies. Bless the archives

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54941 on: November 24, 2018, 08:10:16 AM »

Damn. That's ugly. And I was about to have breakfast. But I think you really captured her soul, @Bluejay

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #54942 on: November 24, 2018, 08:25:09 AM »
Very good points. Where do you see radio and podcasting in the future? If there is no way to be successful, is it all going away?
Neither are going away any more than there are still niche markets for comic books. Terrestrial Radio will continue to bind itself to streaming and limited videocasts* (think Spooky Southcoast) and will become increasingly digital, decentralized and pushed forward by a myriad of smaller players with various agendas. Podcasts will be the first tiers of mini stardom to videocasts. Another niche. Probably half of the stations that exist now will be gone in 5 to 10 years, but that is still means tens of thousands of stations will still be on the air.

*Like the old simulcasts but all digital with a chat. Jimmy Church and Vara in this part of the game somewhat well and that is the only reason their crap shows continue at all.  Art saw his "Periscope" as a way to stay relevant.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #54943 on: November 24, 2018, 08:34:02 AM »
One of garret heater's sock accounts giving Heather an early morning pep talk. Wonder if he is worried that she may not come back from Thanksgiving break.

Obviously this person can't do math. Heather had thousands of listeners when Art left and now she has a few hundred.  I doubt C2C is worried.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #54944 on: November 24, 2018, 08:34:39 AM »
Come Christmas Eve and stay for New Year's ;D I promise you I eat high on the hog for that week  ;D

Sounds great. What should I bring?