Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12540509 times)

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #72120 on: January 07, 2019, 08:57:50 PM »
I'd recommend transferring all these to your normally backed up drives, its amazing how you'll find a box of those disks will not even make a small dent in storage on a Terabyte drive.

I was actually hoping for a show tonight  :-[

And....the Hershey mix is back....what does it mean?

Mine never had better than a 10 year shelf life, could have been exposed to a magnetic field, but something I never check. -  I've got a ton of floppies but I assume they are all bad now.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #72121 on: January 07, 2019, 08:58:16 PM »
I'd recommend transferring all these to your normally backed up drives, its amazing how you'll find a box of those disks will not even make a small dent in storage on a Terabyte drive.

@albrecht and @Dyna-X, thanks, I have the most important stuff already backed up. The disks themselves are more for very rare browsing and mostly because I don't seem to want to throw them out, silly me!

I have my computers backed up regularly on a) a mirror-image software process to external hard drives (more than one, alternating for sequential backups) which backs up the entire drives, software and files and all, b) files backed up in realtime with a reliable secure cloud backup provider, and c) an internal backup software. Redundancy in backups is required in my world, not optional. <g>
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #72122 on: January 07, 2019, 08:59:41 PM »
THAT would be awesome. And, if so, I hope there is some documentary film-maker, preferably European, on site to document the scenario and reveal it all after she "wins" or "loses" to Cannes Festival or some otherwise suitable situation.

It could be a "how stupid are the listeners who subscribe" swipe from the grave.  Ghost Art is not only a good conversationalist, he's got a wicked sense of humor and has cut down on his smoking to one stick every 6 months or so.

🙄
Eh, nevermind...

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
« Reply #72123 on: January 07, 2019, 09:00:31 PM »
It was a photoshop, done by someone on Wadegab....not really on her site

Eh crap my bad. At this point I wouldn't put anything past her, she did make her nude her profile pic for a while..... thanks for the catch.

But then I wonder.... is she okay?
Noory was the real legacy...

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
  • Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
« Reply #72124 on: January 07, 2019, 09:00:35 PM »
Show time...and looks like a no show!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #72125 on: January 07, 2019, 09:00:46 PM »
Mine never had better than a 10 year self life, could have been exposed to a magnetic field, but something I never check. -  I've got a ton of floppies but I assume they are all bad now.

I checked a few years back and saw all the photos from two days after 9-11 (taken on a then brand new amazing Sony camera which took 4 photos in good format size per 3 1/2" floppy (yes, you put the floppies in the camera as you went along), were still ok but I immediately backed them all up anyway. Two years later, they were deteriorating, some were not readable any longer. Oddly, some of my old floppies are still fine! Go figure.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #72126 on: January 07, 2019, 09:01:57 PM »
I think the odds are against her showing, but I'm up and craving a hot cocoa, so I might as well chill with the monks for a bit and see.

Doomed

• Ellightened
« Reply #72127 on: January 07, 2019, 09:03:16 PM »
"Oh my gootnezz gracious! Ve half chanting on KCAA."
Oh. Now we have news? USA radio news.
C'mon! Bring on the hari khrishnas!!!
I want a hoishey bar...

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #72128 on: January 07, 2019, 09:04:03 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #72129 on: January 07, 2019, 09:04:04 PM »
It was a photoshop, done by someone on Wadegab....not really on her site

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks, @Pizzapunch!

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
« Reply #72130 on: January 07, 2019, 09:04:17 PM »
I'm snacking on Onion flavored Tofu crisps and drinking a beer.  Standing by for a late Heather entry

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #72131 on: January 07, 2019, 09:04:43 PM »
I checked a few years back and saw all the photos from two days after 9-11 (taken on a then brand new amazing Sony camera which took 4 photos in good format size per 3 1/2" floppy (yes, you put the floppies in the camera as you went along), were still ok but I immediately backed them all up anyway. Two years later, they were deteriorating, some were not readable any longer. Oddly, some of my old floppies are still fine! Go figure.

There is a lot of argument about digital versus film. Some people say stuff "changes" with digital every time it is opened. Idk. But there is some controversy. As there is with audio formats and the digital versus analog.  Storage-wise there is also physical distortion and badness, when stuff is mounted on acidic paper, folks wrote on back, laser disc can have 'rot', etc. Then of course physical loss, hacking/hostage-ware, etc? So who knows? Why I go with all for important stuff.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #72132 on: January 07, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »
Agreed other no show. @Jedimiller where is your girl at?? Also @Jedimiller please tell me why should people send her their hard earned money if she is a no show??

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #72133 on: January 07, 2019, 09:05:19 PM »
KCAA is still running news.

Prediction.  Heater appears tomorrow, says that New Years Eve and New Years were her holidays and since she worked them, she moved her days off to last Friday and Monday - her fans should have known better than to question her absence  ;D

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
« Reply #72134 on: January 07, 2019, 09:05:23 PM »
"Oh my gootnezz gracious! Ve half chanting on KCAA."
Oh. Now we have news? USA radio news.
C'mon! Bring on the hari khrishas!!!
I want a hoishey bar...

Poor, crazy Fred!

Time to call Sheriff Fife and do a welfare check?