Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 816213 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #1980 on: January 28, 2020, 08:40:26 PM »
This page is hilarious
@anniem  Annie, I'm trussed up and going into the Dutch oven right now!@PolkaDot Lowww N Slowww  I'm gonna be delicious! @TigerLily

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1981 on: January 28, 2020, 08:41:28 PM »
@anniem  Annie, I'm trussed up and going into the Dutch oven right now!@PolkaDot Lowww N Slowww  I'm gonna be delicious! @TigerLily

If we made you into jerky, you'd last much longer.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1982 on: January 28, 2020, 08:42:41 PM »

Hmmm. Thought so. Gamey. Needs more ShaySauce
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #1983 on: January 28, 2020, 09:11:14 PM »
LOL. Jesus.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1984 on: January 28, 2020, 09:18:42 PM »
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1985 on: January 29, 2020, 04:10:01 AM »
Ohio pizzeria caves to pressure and removes their billboard. 

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Are we having fun yet?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #1986 on: January 29, 2020, 07:36:45 AM »
What? That billboard is hilarious!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1987 on: January 29, 2020, 07:55:50 AM »

See, that's where if you don't like it, don't patronize the business. Of course, they've gotten more press than the advertisement that they paid for got.

The customer is always right as long as you want them to remain your customer... Right? Fuck those snowflakes.
Eh, nevermind...

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1988 on: January 29, 2020, 08:09:55 AM »

The customer is always right as long as you want them to remain your customer...

As someone who has worked in retail and service, I FUCKING HATE THAT RULE!!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1989 on: January 29, 2020, 08:20:11 AM »

Ditto!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1990 on: January 29, 2020, 08:49:21 AM »

I've only had one experience, and the customer was definitely Not Right

In HS I worked part time at Sears.  Sporting goods and farm equipment.  One Sunday a customer came in and wanted to buy some gigantic water tank that was listed in the weekly ad as being on sale.  I tell the guy they're in our Portland warehouse, and if he buys one it will be here in three days (or whatever it was).  Dude flips out, starts screaming, demanding to have it on the spot.  I'm probably 17, getting a little nervous, and thinking WTF.  After a minute or so of this it just pops out: ''what do you want me to do, shit one for you?''

He goes nuts, demands to see the manager.  Luckily on Sundays the assistant manager was on duty, a fiery Italian named Deasy.  He had a quick temper but was usually pretty funny.  He'd already told some of us after some previous incident we ''weren't paid to take shit from customers''.  By now he's on the way anyway, and when he gets there the customer turns on him.  After a minute or two - swear to god - Deasy says ''what do you want me to do, shit one for you?''

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1991 on: January 29, 2020, 08:58:09 AM »

In HS I worked part time at Sears.  Sporting goods and farm equipment.  One Sunday a customer came in and wanted to buy some gigantic water tank that was listed in the weekly ad as being on sale.  I tell the guy they're in our Portland warehouse, and if he buys one it will be here in three days (or whatever it was).  Dude flips out, starts screaming, demanding to have it on the spot.  I'm probably 17, getting a little nervous, and thinking WTF.  After a minute or so of this it just pops out: ''what do you want me to do, shit one for you?''

He goes nuts, demands to see the manager.  Luckily on Sundays the assistant manager was on duty, a fiery Italian named Deasy.  He had a quick temper but was usually pretty funny.  He'd already told some of us after some previous incident we ''weren't paid to take shit from customers''.  By now he's on the way anyway, and when he gets there the customer turns on him.  After a minute or two - swear to god - Deasy says ''what do you want me to do, shit one for you?''

@PB  Oh I love that story.  Kudos to you and Deasy.  I'm assuming you kept your job after that.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1992 on: January 29, 2020, 09:07:46 AM »
Me, too. As a result of my time in retail I make extra effort to be nice to people in those kinds of jobs.
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1993 on: January 29, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »
@PB  Oh I love that story.  Kudos to you and Deasy.  I'm assuming you kept your job after that.

Sometimes I covered for the paint department, which was right next to hardware.

Sunday, late December, and the store was packed with Christmas shoppers.  Long limes at all cash registers.  I'm in paint, and the cash register over in hardware runs out of tape (the paper roll for receipts).  For some reason they can't get it fixed, the new tape keeps jamming.  Deasy comes over to ''help''.  Guy has the patience of a 4 year old.  He starts getting frustrated and at some point he jumps up on top of the counter and is bending over it - high above the crowd - screaming, banging on it, and trying to force the thing to work.  That was some funny shit.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #1994 on: January 29, 2020, 09:59:04 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

+1