Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 881768 times)

Morgus

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #10335 on: May 20, 2024, 01:52:44 AM »
Cornelius just called into George Knapp and thanked him for playing a tribute to his buddy Barry.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #10336 on: May 20, 2024, 01:59:31 AM »
Cornelius just called into George Knapp and thanked him for playing a tribute to his buddy Barry.

... and, with Falkie-like precision, made it about himself. The FBI has been holding onto his documents for 20 years. I was just hoping kNAPp would say something about that. I guess he's taken the poison pill since agreeing to appear on stage with the other George, Norway.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #10337 on: May 21, 2024, 01:30:58 AM »
Cornelius just got in again tonight and told Noory how he called in last night to thank Knapp for his Barry tribute.
Then he ranted as usual for the guest to read the bible.
Followed by another bible thumper caller!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10338 on: May 21, 2024, 01:56:13 AM »
Good thing I'm not listening again.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10339 on: May 21, 2024, 02:44:38 AM »
Lifetom, a lifetom of depression.

He's asking questions that he doesn't understand.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #10340 on: May 21, 2024, 08:04:21 AM »
Lifetom, a lifetom of depression...

Tommy?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10341 on: May 21, 2024, 10:59:12 PM »
George Noory is the only reason that U7Radio is still needed.  He's A horrible interviewer and stupid on top of that. Dude doesn't listen either...
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10342 on: May 22, 2024, 03:40:20 AM »
Do you think Noory listens to his guests?
Merry Christmas

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #10343 on: May 22, 2024, 08:40:31 AM »
Maybe they just tape him reading the questions and then insert the answers when the actual interview is held.  That would be like a delayed response or semi-taped interview.  Who knows what methods they use in radio these days with what you have to work with.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10344 on: May 22, 2024, 08:49:01 AM »
Maybe they just tape him reading the questions and then insert the answers when the actual interview is held.  That would be like a delayed response or semi-taped interview.  Who knows what methods they use in radio these days with what you have to work with.

Did I not mention soundboard before?  That's a system that a lot of people use for sound effects. You press a button and it plays back a clip.

I was listening to an April 5, 1996 episode where Art Bell was talking about going worldwide after establishing the international AT&T line. George, on the other hand hope that he's got coverage in Salt Lake City. 

Also amazing is the quality of callers. I shouldn't be surprised, it's not a new thought, but the people on the phone are just so far superior back then. I guess there are more outlets for intelligent people to communicate and at time more convenient for them.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10345 on: May 22, 2024, 09:14:06 AM »
Someone in the old country had a sNoory soundboard and used it with those Indian scam callers who were so prevalent.  Was it Eddie Dean?  It was a hoot.
I remember listening to Phil Rizzuto on a NY station interviewing some sports figure.  Must have been in the 60s. Anyway, Rizzuto would ask a question and the guest would give an answer that had nothing to do with question.  I soon realized the guests answers were one question ahead of the question.  Clearly the guest had been recorded and playback was messed up.
If Coast were to do this, it would cost more to have someone edit in the questions, so they probably wouldn't do it.  The soundboard though - they could fire sNoory and pay Tommee $100 more a month to operate the soundboard.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10346 on: May 22, 2024, 12:11:18 PM »
Back when I worked in radio, we would have 33 RPM 45 sized records that were open ended interviews. They would have small holes like a regular LP.

On the cover was a list of questions to ask and how many seconds were in between each answer.

It's amazing I actually remember that shit. It was a very small part of my job.

I remember seeing one of Billy Graham that probably is worth quite a bit of money. It was like a box set of 78 RPM records, a true album, but it was Billy Graham talking on all sorts of different subjects. Death penalty, abortion, Stuff like that.   
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #10347 on: May 22, 2024, 12:52:54 PM »
Back when I worked in radio, we would have 33 RPM 45 sized records that were open ended interviews. They would have small holes like a regular LP.

On the cover was a list of questions to ask and how many seconds were in between each answer.

It's amazing I actually remember that shit. It was a very small part of my job.

I remember seeing one of Billy Graham that probably is worth quite a bit of money. It was like a box set of 78 RPM records, a true album, but it was Billy Graham talking on all sorts of different subjects. Death penalty, abortion, Stuff like that.

I remember hearing a time share commercial Snorge used to run, it was him asking a celebrity various questions and them responding.  One day I heard the very same commercial on a different station, but it was the host of that show asking the questions with the same celebrity and the same responses.  The celebrity parts were pre-recorded and sent out, with the local hosts each reading the script and putting the thing together.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10348 on: May 22, 2024, 01:03:38 PM »
Wasn't one of them Tanya Roberts?  And somebody like Roseanne?
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #10349 on: May 22, 2024, 01:17:43 PM »
Wasn't one of them Tanya Roberts?  And somebody like Roseanne?

Tanya Roberts, that was it.  And I did also hear the exact same ad with Roseann, but maybe not on Norry's show.