Author Topic: Ask Bart Anything  (Read 800058 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Ask Bart Anything
« Reply #2775 on: December 13, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »
That flirtin with disaster song drives me NUTS!  The nasally vocals are an abomination. You're only a few years older than me, isn't Molly Hatchet a little before your time? Guess I don't know much about them.

I just want to know what a Foghat is and should I pick one up.

Hmm the N button on my keyboard is not responding unless I hit it hard. Bart what can I do about the N?

@Christmas Farm Penis  I'm soon to be 49 and I guess some of these groups are before my time but I dig music and remember these songs from when I was kid.  The band Foghat got it's name from some made up name for a fishing hat.  Fucking Brits.  Anyway, I love Metal and Classic rock the most. Not that you asked.  Just sayin'.  ;)

I agree with the nasally vocals with Molly Hatchet.  Still rock to it at times though.  It's sort of a random craving for certain songs.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2776 on: December 13, 2019, 11:33:42 AM »
Hello Bartman, the fella's and I were wondering what a Foghat was? I'm actually asking for @ShayP Coz he wants to change the station when Foghat comes on.   what say you

No idea, seems like hippies trying to rock to me.
I hate hippies.
I also hate bands with mustaches and long hair.
Thankfully it is mostly hippies doing that so I am not missing out on much.

I do appreciate how this guy starts a song, though

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2777 on: December 13, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »
I hate hippies.

So you hate Spinal Tap? Well at least the bass player.  :o  Plus hippies aren't a thing anymore.  Just hipsters and other dregs of society.   ;)

Anyway, I liked the remake of Kick Out The Jams that was done by Bad Brains w/Henry Rollins for the Pump up the Volume soundtrack.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2778 on: December 13, 2019, 11:53:13 AM »
So you hate Spinal Tap? Well at least the bass player.  :o  Plus hippies aren't a thing anymore.  Just hipsters and other dregs of society.   ;)

Anyway, I liked the remake of Kick Out The Jams that was done by Bad Brains w/Henry Rollins for the Pump up the Volume soundtrack.

Spinal Tap were hippies who stuffed in an attempt to ride the wave of real rock.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2779 on: December 13, 2019, 12:07:38 PM »
Spinal Tap were hippies who stuffed in an attempt to ride the wave of real rock.

#fakenews  It was satire.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2780 on: December 13, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »
#fakenews  It was satire.

Satire?
You question their ability to rock or their stuffing?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2781 on: December 13, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »
I hate hippies.

Musicians with long hair and moustaches are the fucking worst! They look like Muppets! But the ones that ALSO wear SANDALS????? I can't murder enough kittens to satisfy my bloodlust when I see such abominations on a stage.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2782 on: December 13, 2019, 01:09:31 PM »
Musicians with long hair and moustaches are the fucking worst! They look like Muppets! But the ones that ALSO wear SANDALS????? I can't murder enough kittens to satisfy my bloodlust when I see such abominations on a stage.

And watches.
We already know what time it is - time to fucking rock.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2783 on: December 13, 2019, 01:27:08 PM »

I hate to butt in...butt hipsters is the long version of hippies. (Hippies were hipsters). Continue with your bromance/classic rock obsession.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2784 on: December 13, 2019, 01:55:43 PM »

Sandals suck no matter what.  My opinion of course.  Does it have to be the combination of mustache and long hair that sets you off?  I mean, what about Uriah Heap? C'mon!   ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2785 on: December 13, 2019, 02:00:02 PM »
I hate to butt in...butt hipsters is the long version of hippies. (Hippies were hipsters). Continue with your bromance/classic rock obsession.

Today's hipsters have evolved into another species of the past hipster.  They are not yesterday's hipster.  They are to be smited and crushed beneath our feet.  Nothing like seeing some asshole looking like a wayward lumberjack wandering around the inner city with his flannel shirt, skinny jeans, and thick framed glasses so they accent the emotionless (or sad) expression on his face. Add a beanie cap for good measure and the typical lack of personal hygiene.  I am now pissed envisioning these assholes.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2786 on: December 13, 2019, 02:00:50 PM »
And watches.
We already know what time it is - time to fucking rock.

Who wears a watch on stage?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2787 on: December 13, 2019, 02:13:45 PM »
Today's hipsters have evolved into another species of the past hipster.  They are not yesterday's hipster.  They are to be smited and crushed beneath our feet.  Nothing like seeing some asshole looking like a wayward lumberjack wandering around the inner city with his flannel shirt, skinny jeans, and thick framed glasses so they accent the emotionless (or sad) expression on his face. Add a beanie cap for good measure and the typical lack of personal hygiene.  I am now pissed envisioning these assholes.
Now you sound like your father.  ;)
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #2788 on: December 14, 2019, 07:33:05 PM »
@Bart Ell  Are you going to have any special WOO WOO for New Year's eve going into New Year's day?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2789 on: December 14, 2019, 09:03:50 PM »
@Bart Ell  Are you going to have any special WOO WOO for New Year's eve going into New Year's day?
@damon The answer to that is, no. Just this Friday December 20th. Bart would've answered but he's currently building a fort in the spare room.