Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 18561 times)

Sofia

• Elluminati
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #405 on: September 29, 2019, 12:02:25 AM »
Interesting.  You know something funny, Sofia?  I can totally remember the exact spot where that backhoe was digging the hole in my yard.  Perhaps I should go out there and dig down a ways?
Septic tanks are square and white - be careful, lol.

I wonder if that dream was the mother of all toilet-style dreams (letting go dreams).

Sofia

• Elluminati
« Reply #406 on: September 29, 2019, 12:03:46 AM »
No matter how much I dream about tricky travel, I keep coming up with new variations, but then sometimes the themes repeat.  One example was in the past week, where one night I dreamt I was in Baltimore and didn't have the fare to get back home.  Shortly after that, I had another dream wherein I was in Maryland, and that time although I had the money in my account, I didn't have my credit or debit card, and my friend Ralph offered to help.

But then last night I had one that took the cake.  In waking life, our friend Greg was visiting us, and we expected to go to a craft fair the next day.  In the dream we were still expecting to go to that fair, but in the meantime we were at a reception party for an engagement between my sister and Mark Levine.  Some people were at a table doing some form of divination involving food in a tank like a fish tank.  Anyway, this was a strange affair in that the reception was before the ceremony, and just then I realized I still needed to dress fancy for the ceremony and go there before we'd go to the craft fair.  First I had to get my car out of the courtyard of the catering hall, and then I realized I couldn't've driven it in there, because the only way out was up some steps.  However, I was easily able to carry my car up the steps, because it turned out to be a kiddie car.

Then I realized I didn't know where we were going, so I went back in and asked the other guests, who were all strangers to me, where the ceremony was to be held.  Everybody said it was nearby and easy to get to.  But where?  I tried to narrow it down by asking whether it was even in the same state, New Jersey, and everybody said yes.  One person said it was in a town named Titty.  But I tried looking it up online, and there was no such town in NJ.  Somebody else said they thought it was at a high school named Titty or Tittie, but I couldn't find that either.  I thought maybe that was short for Titicut, but no luck with that either.  Somebody else said it was in Ocean City, and I thought it might've been the place by that name on the Jersey shore, but the animated computer readout had us going across the state toward the shore, then turning south on the Garden State Parkway, taking a ferry from Cape May, and...Ocean City, Maryland?!  (There's Maryland again.)  No, can't be.  So I asked the guests whether they'd gotten invitations with directions.  Just blank stares as everybody realized nobody knew where we were going, and I guess I was the first to think of it.  So I found Mark Levine and asked him, and even he couldn't tell me.  I woke up before I got to asking my sister.
Just be glad it was a dream.  It sounds a lot like my Alzheimer's patient last week.

Rikki Gins

• Ellightened
« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2019, 04:22:56 AM »
Septic tanks are square and white - be careful, lol.

I wonder if that dream was the mother of all toilet-style dreams (letting go dreams).

Or the object could be a grave marker of sorts.  They are made out of granite or marble.  Who dies?  Not a who.  An it.  I recently found out that a maple tree that occupies a spot near where the backhoe dug in the dream, has been condemned to be removed due to a chronic tree illness.  Thankfully it will be replaced by a redwood.   

Sofia

• Elluminati
« Reply #408 on: September 29, 2019, 11:38:18 PM »
Or the object could be a grave marker of sorts.  They are made out of granite or marble.  Who dies?  Not a who.  An it.  I recently found out that a maple tree that occupies a spot near where the backhoe dug in the dream, has been condemned to be removed due to a chronic tree illness.  Thankfully it will be replaced by a redwood.
Very interesting.  Well, maples are all over anyhow and redwoods are so nice.  Hope it grows gast.

Rikki Gins

• Ellightened
« Reply #409 on: November 21, 2019, 11:04:25 PM »
I dreamt that I was working in a large warehouse and it appeared that my job consisted of being a stock clerk of sorts.  Whatever was dropped off at the loading dock had to be written down in a notebook.  There were two big square shaped objects sitting on the dock, so I walked over to look at them.  'Two extra large accordions.' I wrote down in the book.  Yes, there were two folded accordions sitting there, and they were big ones, too.  Like double the size of regular accordions.  I walked into the warehouse and found a worker whose job it was to take stock items off the dock and store them inside the warehouse.  I told him that there were a couple of items out on the dock and he asked what they were.  I chuckled and decided to make a quiz out of my answer.  "See if you can guess." I said.  I hummed the song 'Lady of Spain' and waited for his response.  He didn't seem to get it and right at that moment a boss came by and told the guy to go do something else.      

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
« Reply #410 on: November 22, 2019, 04:50:07 AM »
I chuckled and decided to make a quiz out of my answer. 

Mrs Thompson influence!

Robert

• KNYE
« Reply #411 on: November 23, 2019, 05:59:46 AM »
I just had to make a note here of one of the things I dreamed last night.

It was Moe, Larry, Shemp, and Curly in a brief sound clip.  I think it was black and white, but might've been color.  They were doing a series of blackout gags that consisted of the 4 of them together, in regular clothes, striking a quick pose and then announcing quickly in unison what it was supposed to be before jumping into the next one, rapid fire.  There was no actual blackout between them, and the whole thing was less than a minute, maybe half a minute.

I don't remember what any of the poses were, but they were all things like contemporary satire and parodies of famous scenes.  For instance, they might've all shrugged their shoulders while looking at each other and saying, "Congressional Democrats", or struck a pose as "Washington crossing the Delaware".  You get the idea.  The bits were so fast I was getting behind "getting" them in the dream.

They all looked like they had their natural hair styles.  The beginning of the clip was what looked like a natural setting, all of them sitting around or close to a table, a couple of them with hats on, as if someone had just encountered them and asked them to do a bit.

Robert

• KNYE
« Reply #412 on: November 29, 2019, 07:14:55 AM »
I was up in the middle of the night for a few hours with post-Thanksgiving heartburn.  Thanksgiving had included more political discussion than I'd had in person for some time.  So maybe it makes sense that when I got back to sleep, it was political, but I don't think it belongs in the Politics section:

I dreamed I was in DC, where a commission had closed some streets and facilities and rerouted things for a special event.  I even dreamed the detail that commissions in DC were a parallel government, having full, sovereign jurisdiction over the subjects of their temporary commission.  So I had to park in a grassy place to attend something involving handicapped persons, I think.

Meanwhile the talk of the town was a proposed political deal involving the presidency of the US.  Harry Truman was still alive and was deemed eligible for president and/or vice president for the portion of Franklin Roosevelt's last term that was served by FDR.  So there was going to be some complicated deal with Trump like the way Nelson Rockefeller became vice president.  It was going to involve Mike Pence's resigning and Harry Truman's becoming VP, then Trump's resigning and Truman's becoming president and running for election to the presidency.  Then shortly after getting elected and inaugurated, Truman would get Trump similarly as a replacement VP, and then resign and wind up with Trump as president again.  Apparently Truman was sought for such a deal because:
  • he's just the sort of weasel who'd do it, and
  • his being ineligible for a whole term was insurance against his welshing on it.