Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 63873 times)

KSM

• Annoying Moderator
  • Ellevated
  • YOU'RE ALL A BUNCHA SLUTS!
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #1665 on: January 04, 2021, 06:44:47 PM »
The juniors have been a slice. The UNBEATEN Canadians await the Americans or the Fins for the gold game. So for that game I'm pro USA all the way. Makes for a better Gold medal game that way too.  I hate it when Euro's take gold but at least the Russians chance was utterly destroyed today with a 5 ZIP final score at the hands of the Red n White.  :)

ShayP

• Sandwich King
  • Ellightened
  • You've now entered...The EllGab Zone.
« Reply #1666 on: January 06, 2021, 05:52:27 AM »
So not only do we have a new realignment we have sponsored divisions too.  ::)

The National Hockey League (NHL®), in partnership with Discover, Honda, MassMutual and Scotiabank today announced the official division names for the 2020-21 season: Scotia NHL® North Division, Honda NHL® West Division, Discover NHL® Central Division and the MassMutual NHL® East Division.

Supposedly this is just going to be for this upcoming season only.  I sure hope so.

Heck, I'm still bitter that the league did away with the Wales and Campbell conferences, and the Patrick, Adams, Norris, and Smythe divisions.  :P
You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination.

Zetaspeak

• KNYE
« Reply #1667 on: January 06, 2021, 02:42:21 PM »
I'm with you on the conference names. For some reason it made it so much more easier to remember who was in which division

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #1668 on: January 08, 2021, 10:55:22 AM »
So not only do we have a new realignment we have sponsored divisions too.  ::)

The National Hockey League (NHL®), in partnership with Discover, Honda, MassMutual and Scotiabank today announced the official division names for the 2020-21 season: Scotia NHL® North Division, Honda NHL® West Division, Discover NHL® Central Division and the MassMutual NHL® East Division.

Supposedly this is just going to be for this upcoming season only.  I sure hope so.

Heck, I'm still bitter that the league did away with the Wales and Campbell conferences, and the Patrick, Adams, Norris, and Smythe divisions.  :P
@ShayP
Are you still bitter towards THE PHILLY FLYERS?
See you January 13th. I am one of the lucky 13 type of person.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/phi/philadelphia-flyers

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ShayP

• Sandwich King
  • Ellightened
« Reply #1669 on: January 08, 2021, 05:17:16 PM »
@ShayP

How can I not be bitter towards the Flyers? @FISH  ;) ;D

I'm a lucky 13 person too.  I look forward to every Friday the 13th because I always find money or gain some sort of benefit.  It's a very lucky day for me.  I'm not kidding either.  Now, granted, this upcoming matchup is on a Wednesday but it won't matter.  We'll see which of the two of us lucky 13's prevail!  :D
You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #1670 on: January 09, 2021, 11:29:14 AM »
@ShayP

@FISH I’m a lucky 13 girl too. 😀 I always picked it as my player number.
Avs play the Blues on the 13th.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1671 on: January 10, 2021, 08:35:48 AM »
How can I not be bitter towards the Flyers? @FISH  ;) ;D

I'm a lucky 13 person too.  I look forward to every Friday the 13th because I always find money or gain some sort of benefit.  It's a very lucky day for me.  I'm not kidding either.  Now, granted, this upcoming matchup is on a Wednesday but it won't matter.  We'll see which of the two of us lucky 13's prevail!  :D
oh boy  ;)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1672 on: January 10, 2021, 08:36:35 AM »
@FISH I’m a lucky 13 girl too. 😀 I always picked it as my player number.
Avs play the Blues on the 13th.
I was born on the 13th.  :)

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #1673 on: January 10, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »
I was born on the 13th.  :)

One of my ex-wives was born on the 13th. I think it's pretty lucky for me she's an ex. 8)

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1674 on: January 13, 2021, 05:13:27 AM »
TONIGHT!

Let the hate flow, @FISH

Let the hate flow for a 5:30pm start, too.

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1675 on: January 13, 2021, 05:42:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/InGoalMedia/status/1347230543633547265

“It’s sort of the history of all the past Montreal Canadiens goalies and all of their information being pumped directly into the brain of Carey Price, which is sort of this half-human, half-machine goalie beast,” Bourgeault said in a phone interview. “That’s the idea. He’s a machine/man made to block pucks and he’s got all that past information helping him.

“My favourite parts are those historical elements,” Bourgeault added. “The circuit board, which says Montreal Canadiens Goaltender Power System, has Patrick Roy, Jacques Plante, (Georges) Vézina, Ken Dryden, and some of the wiring for that goes directly into the brain of Carey Price and also runs up to the camera eye. The camera eye is an acronym for Habs — which is Habitants Archival Blocking System. So he’s getting information from the past pumped to him to help him be this ultimate goalie. And in that camera eye you see the reflection of Rocket Richard. I just thought it was a cool way to tie in the Montreal Canadiens, especially since I knew there might be some haters out there because it wasn’t a giant Montreal Canadiens logo on the mask.”

ShayP

• Sandwich King
  • Ellightened
« Reply #1676 on: January 13, 2021, 06:04:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/InGoalMedia/status/1347230543633547265

“It’s sort of the history of all the past Montreal Canadiens goalies and all of their information being pumped directly into the brain of Carey Price, which is sort of this half-human, half-machine goalie beast,” Bourgeault said in a phone interview. “That’s the idea. He’s a machine/man made to block pucks and he’s got all that past information helping him.

“My favourite parts are those historical elements,” Bourgeault added. “The circuit board, which says Montreal Canadiens Goaltender Power System, has Patrick Roy, Jacques Plante, (Georges) Vézina, Ken Dryden, and some of the wiring for that goes directly into the brain of Carey Price and also runs up to the camera eye. The camera eye is an acronym for Habs — which is Habitants Archival Blocking System. So he’s getting information from the past pumped to him to help him be this ultimate goalie. And in that camera eye you see the reflection of Rocket Richard. I just thought it was a cool way to tie in the Montreal Canadiens, especially since I knew there might be some haters out there because it wasn’t a giant Montreal Canadiens logo on the mask.”

I love it.  Creative and simply badass.

KSM

• Annoying Moderator
  • Ellevated
  • YOU'RE ALL A BUNCHA SLUTS!
« Reply #1677 on: January 13, 2021, 10:07:07 AM »
TONIGHT!

Let the hate flow, @FISH

Let the hate flow for a 5:30pm start, too.

I HATE it.  The new divisions are just rong.

ShayP

• Sandwich King
  • Ellightened
« Reply #1678 on: January 13, 2021, 05:00:56 PM »
Flyers 6  Penguins 3   >:( :-[

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #1679 on: January 13, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »
I HATE it.  The new divisions are just rong.
Stop pouting @KSM
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.