Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 6548 times)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 11:35:23 AM »
One month to go before our minor league ECHL Hockey team's first game. It's not NHL but it IS live hockey action :)

Zetaspeak

• KDWN
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »
Looks like Erik Karlsson has been traded from the Sens to the Sharks

Now this was a crazy story. Karlsoon wife was being harassed online by a teammate (Hoffman) girlfriend

Hoffman gets traded away, and also Karlssson in the same offseason

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 08:06:01 PM »
Looks like Erik Karlsson has been traded from the Sens to the Sharks

Now this was a crazy story. Karlsoon wife was being harassed online by a teammate (Hoffman) girlfriend

Hoffman gets traded away, and also Karlssson in the same offseason
Bizarre but IDK details but likely a smart move by mgmt for possible legal and performance issues. That is like a "Slapshot" scenario, almost.

Seguin, finally, resolved. Seems like great deal for him (and his agent) and hopefully for Stars....

ShayP

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 09:17:14 AM »
Typically the Blues, Flames, Black Hawks, and the Jets as of late since I was fond of the original Winnipeg Jets.

Have to add the Sabres to the list too.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:56 AM »
I wonder if EllGab would have enough interested folks to create a Yahoo! NHL Fantasy League... ?

I always find it adds some spice to the NHL season when your in a Fantasy League.

I'd be interested. I also don't care what format the league would be. Points, Head to Head, Rotisserie.

Any interested people please say so. 16 days left before the season begins  :D

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 11:19:58 AM »
I'm in.
I would also like to see @Spookcat join to see if her team picked based on names that sound like cats wins.

I also invite @SpookyTim, @WinWinSchrader, @DaveSchrader @DaveScottSOR  and @ponyboysunset

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 05:22:07 PM »
I'm in.
I would also like to see @Spookcat join to see if her team picked based on names that sound like cats wins.

I also invite @SpookyTim, @WinWinSchrader, @DaveSchrader @DaveScottSOR  and @ponyboysunset

Yeah, I know very little about hockey. The puck goes in the net while people on ice skates start fights, right?
Time spent with cats is never wasted. Princess Buttwiggles image brought to life by the one and only: Bart Ell! >^~.~^<

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 08:28:05 PM »
Yeah, I know very little about hockey. The puck goes in the net while people on ice skates start fights, right?
Fights at a hockey game??? I am shocked  8)

DaveScottSOR

• Hall Of Famer
  • KNYE
    • Spaced Out Radio
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2018, 11:27:03 PM »
I've never done a fantasy league before.
Come give Spaced Out Radio a listen some time.  We have nicer hair than the other Dave.  But his goatee is tighter!

LawnBoy

• KMST
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 06:52:40 AM »
Typically the Blues, Flames, Black Hawks, and the Jets as of late since I was fond of the original Winnipeg Jets.

Here's the year 1 original (some may say forgettable) Winnipeg Jets sweater........   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

ShayP

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 08:39:51 AM »
Here's the year 1 original (some may say forgettable) Winnipeg Jets sweater........   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Ooo...that is quite bland.  I started following them when the sweater looked like this  (early 80's).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 08:44:02 AM »
Ooo...that is quite bland.  I started following them when the sweater looked like this  (early 80's).

Our local ECHL team, the Jacksonville Icemen, are minor league affiliates of the Jets. Our first game less is than a month away.

ShayP

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 08:49:24 AM »
Our local ECHL team, the Jacksonville Icemen, are minor league affiliates of the Jets. Our first game less is than a month away.

Cool.  We used to have one here in Richmond but they went defunct quite a while ago.  I used to love going to games.  They were called the Richmond Renegades.

Being a Pens fan though, I root for the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 09:29:27 AM »
Cool.  We used to have one here in Richmond but they went defunct quite a while ago.  I used to love going to games.  They were called the Richmond Renegades.

Being a Pens fan though, I root for the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL.
Small world. I thought the Richmond Renegades sounded familiar so I looked it up and our old hockey team, The Lizard Kings, played the Richmond Renegades in a quarterfinal playoff game back in the 1995-1996 season. I may have even seen that game if it was played at home here. It sounds familiar but 20+ years ago and so many games since then it's hard to remember a specific game.

We missed the playoffs this year with a 5th place division spot but not bad for a new team (at least new to the city). Hoping this team sticks around for a while. They seem to have better financial backing than some of the other past teams.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 12:44:57 PM »
Speaking of ECHL teams. We recently have been given a team.
I haven't really paid much attention to the ECHL and always thought of it as a place where AHL rejects go to die  :P
I'm sure this team will garner a lot of support though. We've had multiple AHL teams here and a junior team. But the travel between the AHL farm team and NHL big clubs seems to always be a knock against us.