Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 121311 times)

PB

• Ellightened
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #1275 on: October 03, 2019, 08:06:21 PM »
@PB we got extremely lucky it was low season.  I would guess there were only 400 people on the entire grounds of Angkor Wat and less than a dozen at the Banyon temple.

@GravitySucks  Did you go up in the hot air balloon?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1276 on: October 03, 2019, 08:27:54 PM »
@GravitySucks  Did you go up in the hot air balloon?

No, that was a group tour and I didn’t want to hassle with riding in a van or bus with a bunch of other people I didn’t know.  I splurged. We flew from Bangkok to Siem Reap and rented a van, driver and guide for 3 days for 7800 baht. They picked us from the airport and took care of everything for 3 days and then dropped us back off at the airport.
Are we having fun yet?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1277 on: October 03, 2019, 09:13:53 PM »
No, that was a group tour and I didn’t want to hassle with riding in a van or bus with a bunch of other people I didn’t know.  I splurged. We flew from Bangkok to Siem Reap and rented a van, driver and guide for 3 days for 7800 baht. They picked us from the airport and took care of everything for 3 days and then dropped us back off at the airport.
Sounds great!  One time I rode in a bus with people I didn't know well in another country, and the driver took us to the middle of nowhere on purpose to extort double the money out of us.  I guess that could happen in any case, but it was worse because I worried the people with me who had hired the guy didn't use a reputable service, so I worried I was with stupid people.  And it turned out, I was.  They didn't tell us our destination had no running water.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if this is the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1278 on: October 04, 2019, 10:27:35 AM »
Moments in Nature

Today, I noticed that Boris (the massive red spider in my yard) had a web up near a wasp's nest. I took Boris and some of his web down with a rake and put him to a more profitable location. The last thing I wanted to happen was a wasp to kill Boris.

Eh, nevermind...

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1279 on: October 04, 2019, 10:37:52 AM »
Moments in Nature

Today, I noticed that Boris (the massive red spider in my yard) had a web up near a wasp's nest. I took Boris and some of his web down with a rake and put him to a more profitable location. The last thing I wanted to happen was a wasp to kill Boris.

Murderer.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1280 on: October 04, 2019, 10:45:34 AM »
Moments in Nature

You softie! I save spiders, lizards, caterpillars etc. And of course all the "cute" critters too. Even the hornworms that invaded and devastated my tomato plants. I relocated them out to a nearby, but not too close field. They turn into huge beautiful moths

The moth

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The rescue. But my poor tomatoes and plants 😿

"You were wild once. Don't let them tame you." -- Isadora Duncan.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1281 on: October 04, 2019, 01:23:34 PM »
You softie! I save spiders, lizards, caterpillars etc. And of course all the "cute" critters too. Even the hornworms that invaded and devastated my tomato plants. I relocated them out to a nearby, but not too close field. They turn into huge beautiful moths

The moth

The rescue. But my poor tomatoes and plants 😿

They look pretty as a "worm" too.  I have tried tomatoes for a few years to consistently pitiful results.  A friend said I live too close to the ocean to really be successful...  Any thoughts?
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1282 on: October 04, 2019, 01:36:07 PM »
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1283 on: October 04, 2019, 01:37:05 PM »
Sounds great!  One time I rode in a bus with people I didn't know well in another country, and the driver took us to the middle of nowhere on purpose to extort double the money out of us.  I guess that could happen in any case, but it was worse because I worried the people with me who had hired the guy didn't use a reputable service, so I worried I was with stupid people.  And it turned out, I was.  They didn't tell us our destination had no running water.

Sounds like you were visiting Los Angeles...
Eh, nevermind...

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
« Reply #1284 on: October 07, 2019, 04:55:28 PM »
Why is it when driving down the road with 12 car lengths behind me and one car length ahead of me a car will inevitably come zooming up beside me and cut in ahead of me? Are people in that much of a hurry?

anniem

• Ellevated
  • There oughta be a law!
« Reply #1285 on: October 07, 2019, 06:13:04 PM »
Why is it when driving down the road with 12 car lengths behind me and one car length ahead of me a car will inevitably come zooming up beside me and cut in ahead of me? Are people in that much of a hurry?

Is this a modern version of Mrs Thompson's game? 
1. Because they are inconsiderate
2. Yes. For no good reason

;)
"True funnies are the funniest of all funnies." - Bart Ell
"Don't eat lettuce. Eat cake. Cake never gets recalled." - my brother
"Never post anything on the internet you would not be ok seeing on a billboard. Feh" - my brother and me

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1286 on: October 07, 2019, 06:27:50 PM »
Is this a modern version of Mrs Thompson's game? 
1. Because they are inconsiderate
2. Yes. For no good reason
3.  Because you passed them 20 minutes earlier when they were reading their text messages and doing 50 on the freeway.

;)

Added the SoCal option.
Eh, nevermind...

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #1287 on: October 07, 2019, 07:13:36 PM »

go to EweToob... search "Dash Cam"...  for the nuclear version... include "Semi Truck" in the search.
it's a Global Apocalypse!

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #1288 on: October 07, 2019, 07:41:50 PM »
What Is the Total Cost of Owning a Car?  https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/loans/total-cost-owning-car/
For vehicles driven 15,000 miles a year, average ownership costs added up to about $8,469 per year in 2017.

i have a better idea... Moose Hunting (7 days)  Burntwood Lake Lodge  https://burntwood.com/moose-hunting-packages/    ... with change left over ...

Bart Ell

• Bartministrator
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1289 on: October 07, 2019, 08:11:40 PM »
Not many have the asses to pull off the shorts they wear nowadays.
I don't want to see their floppy ass meat hanging out like some puss infested clear plastic bag of cottage cheese.